Lunch Box Chili Recipe
Here’s a quick, portable lunch that is guaranteed to perk up your taste buds! Simple enough for some of the junior chefs in your home to mix up for their own lunch, and with a flavour profile that will please them as well.
This recipe comes courtesy of the Cookspiration website from Dietitians of Canada, which is also available as an app.
Makes 1 serving
What you need:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
How to make
- In a 3 cup sized microwave-safe container, stir ingredients until combined.
- Microwave on High, loosely covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Stir before serving.
Pack up the ingredients you need for this chili the night before and, if you have access to a microwave, cook the meal at work or school. Be sure to pack this dish in an insulated lunch bag with a small ice pack. This is also simple to make multiple servings at once for multiple family members to have lunch, or to prep in advance for the week ahead.
Per serving (1 serving per recipe)
- Calories 454
- Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated / saturés 0.7 g
+ Trans / trans 0 g
- Carbohydrates 93.7 g
- Fiber 13.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g