Pecan Parmesan Chicken Fingers Recipe
Learn how to make chicken fingers with this award winning recipe!
This tasty and healthy recipe for pecan parmesan chicken fingers from Dietitians of Canada is sure to become a family favorite! Make these at home with your kids for a ‘Friday finger food’ dinner idea or weekend lunch.
Makes 6 servings
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3 (about 1 ¼ lb/600 g)
Maple syrup, 2 Tbsp (30 mL)
Canola oil, 1 Tbsp (15 mL)
Whole wheat panko breadcrumbs, ½ cup (125 mL)
Finely chopped pecans, 1/3 cup (75 mL)
Parmesan cheese, grated, 1/3 cup (75 mL)
Flax seeds, ground, ¼ cup (60 mL)
Garlic powder, 2 tsp (10 mL)
Dried oregano leaves, 1 tsp (5 mL)
Each salt and fresh ground pepper, ¼ tsp (1 mL)
- Cut chicken into cubes or strips and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and oil and coat evenly; set aside.
- In a large resealable bag, combine breadcrumbs, pecans, cheese, flax seeds, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add a few chicken pieces at a time to bag and shake to coat.
- Place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken and coating.
- Bake in preheated 475°F (246°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until golden and chicken is no longer pink inside.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories: 298 kcal
Protein: 30 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Fibre: 4 g
Sodium: 315 mg
We hope you enjoy this family recipe on how to make chicken fingers!
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Nutritionist / Online Dietitian team.
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/