Savoy Cabbage Leaf Wraps Recipe Print
Savoy Cabbage Leaf Wraps Recipe
This recipe is an easy way to add vegetables and colour to your plate, and some fresh taste and texture.
What you need:
- 8 large savoy cabbage leaves
- 1 cup hummus*
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown-wild rice mix
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated beets
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted almonds or peanuts
*a classic garlicky lemon hummus works great here
How to prepare:
- Wash cabbage leaves. To a large pan or baking dish, add about an inch of boiling water. Using tongs, place leaves in the water and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to soften, yet not cook, while assembling the other ingredients. Dry leaves well. Trim excess thickness off of stem end.
- Using 2 leaves per wrap to make a bigger base, lay leaves on counter, overlapping each other, stem ends facing each other inwards to the middle.
- Spread ¼ of the hummus in the center of the leaves. Top with rice, carrots, beets and nuts.
- Roll as you would a burrito: roll partially, tuck ends in and continue to roll. Slice in half to serve.
Tip: This recipe will also work with large collard green or even Swiss chard leaves.
- Calories: 145
- Protein – 4.6 g
- Carbohydrate – 15.6 g
- Fat – 7.8 g
- Fibre – 2.7 g