Southern Barbecue Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe – Southern Barbeque Sheet Pan
This recipe is sponsored by my client The Peanut Bureau of Canada
Peanut butter is the key ingredient in this sheet pan meal – adding creaminess and depth of flavour to the barbecue sauce. More great recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Roasting time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
What you need:
- ½ cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1¼ lbs (625 g)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- ¼ tsp each salt, pepper and thyme leaves
- 2 corn on the cob
- lime wedges
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F (220⁰C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir barbecue sauce with peanut butter. Remove about ½ of the sauce and set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- Slice pork into 8 pieces. Add to bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Place on one end of the baking sheet.
- Leaving skin on, cut sweet potato into finger-sized pieces. Toss with oil, salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Place on baking sheet with pork. Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut corn into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces and season with salt. After 15 minutes of roasting, stir sweet potatoes and place corn on baking sheet. Roast until pork is cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over sweet potatoes. Serve remaining barbecue sauce as a dipping sauce for pork.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories – 400
- Fat – 15 g (3.5 g saturated fat, 0.1 trans fat)
- Carbohydrate – 30 g
- Fibre – 4 g
- Protein – 36 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more