Southern Barbecue Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe – Southern Barbeque Sheet Pan
This recipe is sponsored by my client The Peanut Bureau of Canada
Peanut butter is the key ingredient in this sheet pan meal – adding creaminess and depth of flavour to the barbecue sauce. More great recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Roasting time: 25 minutes
What you need:
- ½ cup of your favourite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1¼ lbs (625 g)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- ¼ tsp each salt, pepper and thyme leaves
- 2 corn on the cob
- lime wedges
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F (220⁰C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir barbecue sauce with peanut butter. Remove about ½ of the sauce and set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
- Slice pork into 8 pieces. Add to bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Place on one end of the baking sheet.
- Leaving skin on, cut sweet potato into finger-sized pieces. Toss with oil, salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Place on baking sheet with pork. Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut corn into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces and season with salt. After 15 minutes of roasting, stir sweet potatoes and place corn on baking sheet. Roast until pork is cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over sweet potatoes. Serve remaining barbecue sauce as a dipping sauce for pork.
Per serving (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories – 400
- Fat – 15 g (3.5 g saturated fat, 0.1 trans fat)
- Carbohydrate – 30 g
- Fibre – 4 g
- Protein – 36 g