Souvlaki Sirloin Beef Meatballs and More Print
To round out these dinners, serve any of the versions with our yummy Greek Vegetable Sauté, and your favourite creamy Greek Salad Dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Beef – www.makeitbeef.ca
Makes 25 meatballs
Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
What you need:
1 lb (500g) Lean Ground Beef Sirloin or Chuck*
¼ cup (50 mL) fresh or dried bread crumbs
¼ cup (50 mL) crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
1 lightly beaten egg
¼ tsp (1 mL) EACH salt and pepper
Greek Vegetable Sauté (recipe follows)
How you prepare:
- Lightly combine ground beef, bread crumbs, feta cheese, onion, oregano, egg, salt and pepper; shape into meatballs.
- Bake on parchment paper or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet in 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 minutes until digital instant-read thermometer inserted into several meatballs reads 160°F (71°C). Serve with Greek Vegetable Sauté.
Per serving (per 4 meatballs):
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 9 g
- Greek Vegetable Sauté: In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 onions, cut into wedges, 2 sweet yellow peppers, seeded and thinly sliced and 1/4 tsp (1mL) EACH dried oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened and slightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Speedy Square Meatballs: Line baking sheet with foil and lightly oil. Shape beef mixture into 7-inch (18 cm) square, about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. Cut into 25 squares; do not separate. Bake as directed above. Separate into individual cooked meatballs.
- Mini Burger Sliders: Shape beef mixture into 12 balls. Flatten each into twelve 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. Bake as directed above. Serve tucked into dinner rolls, topping each with Greek vegetable Sauté and Greek dressing.