Thai Chicken Curry
Start with a cucumber salad and serve this curry over steamed rice for a flavorful balanced meal.
Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp red curry paste (or more if you like it spicier!)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
600 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin stir-fry strips
1 large onion, diced
1 sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup snow peas, cut in halves
1 cup light coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
How you prepare:
- Heat curry paste and oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked. Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add red pepper and snow peas and cook for about one minute.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce and lemon juice and heat until boiling. Cook for another few minutes until liquid is thickened slightly.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
36 g Protein
10 g Carbohydrates
13 g Fat
1.6 g Fibre
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more