Vegetarian Blueberry Protein Smoothie Bowl with No-Bake Granola Recipe
Tip: Peel and slice overripe bananas the night before and store in a Tupperware container in the freezer overnight. Using frozen bananas will make the texture of this smoothie bowl thick and scoop-able!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Makes 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings.
Recipe shared from Kristen Sunstrum, Dietetics Student
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4 medjool dates
- 2-3 frozen bananas (see tip above)
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- No-Bake granola, fresh fruit
andnuts for serving.
1. In a food processor or blender, blend oats, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds
Set the granola off to the side.
2. In a food processor or blender, blend all smoothie bowl ingredients together until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides.
3. Pour smoothie mixture into
The plant-based proteins in this smoothie bowl include soy milk, oats, pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts. These proteins are also an important source of soluble fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and iron. You could also add a scoop of nut butter to amp up the protein content.
Nutritional Facts (Per ½ Recipe)
84 g Carbohydrates
14 g Fat