Vegetarian Black Bean Kale Tacos Recipe
Vegetarian black bean kale tacos
Black bean tacos with kale and tomatoes from my garden – cooked on the burner of my BBQ when it was too hot to turn on the stove! A simple, vegetable loaded twist on Taco Tuesday.
What you need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chili powder, cumin, paprika (to taste)
- can of black beans, rinsed
- 6 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 2 large diced tomatoes, chopped
How to make:
- Saute onion and garlic. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and paprika.
- Add can of drained beans and kale, and stir until kale is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix in chopped tomatoes.
- Add to your favourite taco shells, and add your favourte toppings like salsa, guacamole, sour cream, fresh cilantro.
How to make:
- Sauté 1 small chopped onion, 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with chilli powder, cumin and paprika to taste.
- Add 1 can black beans and about 6 cups of chopped kale and heat until kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper and add diced fresh tomato.
- Top tacos with your favourite toppings such as: guacamole or avocado slices, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.
Per taco -1/10 of recipe
- Calories – 85
- Protein – 5 g
- Carbohydrates – 15 g
- Fat – 0.8 g
- Fibre – 5.4 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more