Vegetarian black bean kale tacos
Black bean tacos with kale and tomatoes from my garden – cooked on the burner of my BBQ when it was too hot to turn on the stove! A simple, vegetable loaded twist on Taco Tuesday.
What you need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chili powder, cumin, paprika (to taste)
- can of black beans, rinsed
- 6 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 2 large diced tomatoes, chopped
How to make:
- Saute onion and garlic. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and paprika.
- Add can of drained beans and kale, and stir until kale is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, and mix in chopped tomatoes.
- Add to your favourite taco shells, and add your favourte toppings like salsa, guacamole, sour cream, fresh cilantro.
How to make:
- Sauté 1 small chopped onion, 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Sprinkle with chilli powder, cumin and paprika to taste.
- Add 1 can black beans and about 6 cups of chopped kale and heat until kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper and add diced fresh tomato.
- Top tacos with your favourite toppings such as: guacamole or avocado slices, sour cream, salsa and cilantro.
Per taco -1/10 of recipe
- Calories – 85
- Protein – 5 g
- Carbohydrates – 15 g
- Fat – 0.8 g
- Fibre – 5.4 g