Vegetarian Mexican Pie Recipe
This is one of our favourite vegetarian meals. This recipe also freezes well for single servings for quick lunches
What you need:
- 6 large (10 inch) whole wheat wraps
- 1 can (540ml) drained and rinsed black beans
- 2 cups fresh/frozen cooked corn kernels
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 500ml or more salsa
- 3 cups (320g bag) grated mozzarella/cheddar/tex-mex cheese blend.
How to make:
- Grease a 12 inch round baking dish.
- Layer with all of the ingredients starting with a wrap, then beans, salsa, corn, peppers mixed with onions and lastly grated cheese. End with a wrap and cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45 minutes until done (cover with tinfoil half way through baking).
- Serve with sour cream, avocado/guacamole and more salsa if desired.
- Note: you can use smaller baking dishes with smaller wraps and really there is no need to measure ingredients precisely, use the above as a guide but feel free to layer as you wish and try new variations/additions such as feta, jalapeños, chipotle peppers and more!
Per serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories – 540
- Protein – 24.5 g
- Fat – 23 g
- Carbohydrates – 62 g
- Fibre – 13.3 g