Vegetarian Mexican Pie Recipe
This is one of our favourite vegetarian meals. This recipe also freezes well for single servings for quick lunches
What you need:
- 6 large (10 inch) whole wheat wraps
- 1 can (540ml) drained and rinsed black beans
- 2 cups fresh/frozen cooked corn kernels
- 2 cups diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 500ml or more salsa
- 3 cups (320g bag) grated mozzarella/cheddar/tex-mex cheese blend.
How to make:
- Grease a 12 inch round baking dish.
- Layer with all of the ingredients starting with a wrap, then beans, salsa, corn, peppers mixed with onions and lastly grated cheese. End with a wrap and cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375 F for about 45 minutes until done (cover with tinfoil half way through baking).
- Serve with sour cream, avocado/guacamole and more salsa if desired.
- Note: you can use smaller baking dishes with smaller wraps and really there is no need to measure ingredients precisely, use the above as a guide but feel free to layer as you wish and try new variations/additions such as feta, jalapeños, chipotle peppers and more!
Per serving (1/6 of recipe)
- Calories – 540
- Protein – 24.5 g
- Fat – 23 g
- Carbohydrates – 62 g
- Fibre – 13.3 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocolate Loving Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more