Air Fryer Fish Tacos Topped with Zesty Dill Salad
A delicious weeknight meal
Are you looking for a new way to serve fish? This recipe is packed with flavour and is a refreshing weeknight option. It may even entice those who are not huge fish fans! Fish packs a nutritional punch as a great source of protein and healthy fats. The dill sauce in this recipe can be used in many ways including as a salad dressing, sauce for fish or eggs, and as a vegetable dip!
What You Need
Fish Tacos Recipe Ingredients
- 3 lbs white fish
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
Zesty Dill Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups lettuce or coleslaw mix
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, diced
Zesty Dill Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1-2 tablespoons of water, as needed to thin the sauce
How to Make the Fish Tacos Recipe:
Fish Tacos Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut fish into taco size strips. Coat with oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning on fish strips. Coat both sides.
- Space fish out on a baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
*Note you can also cook the fish on the stove or alternatively in an Air Fryer at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes.
Zesty Dill Salad Directions:
- Mix Greek Yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, and dill in a food processor. Blend until combined.
- Add water to thin, as needed.
- Mix lettuce or coleslaw and tomatoes and a small bowl. Drizzle ~1/3 cup of zesty dill sauce on top.
*Leftover dill sauce can be kept in the fridge and used for salad dressing or as a sauce for fish, eggs, or as a vegetable dip.
- Heat tortillas on a pan.
- Top tortilla with fish and zesty dill salad.
- Optional add-ons: pickled jalapeños, shredded or feta cheese, salsa, or hot sauce.
Tried it and loved it? If you gave this air fryer fish taco recipe a try, make sure to post a photo and tag us on Facebook and Instagram @HealthStandNutrition.
Nutrients per serving
Recipe analysis with canola oil, corn tortillas and iceberg lettuce.
15 g Carbohydrate
74 g Protein
16.3 g Fat
3.9 g Fiber
Looking for more simple meal-planning tips and healthy recipes?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favourites. Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter
Check out more taco recipes on the blog here:
Disordered Eating, Emotional Eating & Chronic Disease
Thoughtful and empathetic are words often used to describe Courtney. She strives to create genuine connections with clients and works to create an inclusive space for all. She is passionate about working with individuals struggling with health issues, yo-yo dieting recovery, disordered eating and helping clients feel at peace with food and their bodies.