Juicy, and grilled to perfection beef skewers dragged through a tangy dipping sauce.
This is an awesome recipe from Dinner With Julie to assemble the night before and grill for a fast weekday meal. Serve the beef satay with rice and a large, tossed salad or stir-fried veggies.
Serve as is or try with this tangy dipping sauce here on her also delicious chicken satay with peanut sauce recipe.
Makes 4 servings
What You Need
Beef Satay Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 lb. top sirloin or flank steak, cut into cubes or strips
How to Make the Recipe
Beef Satay Recipe Directions:
1. In a glass or plastic bowl or container, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey or brown sugar, grated ginger, garlic cloves and green onion. Add the beef and toss around with your hands to coat the meat well, cover and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
2. When you’re ready to cook, soak a small handful of bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes. Thread pieces of beef onto each skewer, winding back and forth in an S shape if it’s in strips, and pushing the meat down to make it uniform. Fill the pointy end about halfway, leaving the dull end as a handle. Grill or roast on a baking sheet in a 425F oven for 10 minutes, or just until cooked through. Serve hot or at room temperature, with peanut sauce for dipping.
What did you think of this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Nutrients per serving
Nutrition analysis done with honey.
327 g Calories
14 g Carbohydrate
35 g Protein
14.2 g Fat
1.5 g Fibre
Don’t miss a healthy recipe or nutrition article and sign up for our Newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for some more delicious ways to incorporate beef into your meals? Try these!
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/