Top Registered Dietitian Recommended Breakfast!
Make this nutritious recipe the night before or on the weekend for a tasty leftover for a weekday breakfast at home. It also makes an awesome packable option you can reheat at work or after your morning workout.
Makes 4 servings
What you need:
- 2 cups fresh/frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, Saskatoon berries, or try peaches/apples/pears)
- 2 cups skim/1% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
How you prepare:
- Grease an 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Arrange 1.5 cups of the mixed fruit on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla in a bowl and pour over the fruit mixture.
- Mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and pour into casserole.
- Scatter remaining ½ cup of mixed fruit on top
- Bake at 375 F for 35-40 minutes until golden. Drilled with maple syrup and serve with yogurt.
*Optional: add ground flax, hemp hearts, chia seeds, or nuts to your oat mixture for added nutrition
Calories: 368; Carbohydrates: 50 g; Fat: 12 g; Protein: 14 g
You may also want to check out this blog post that talks about solutions to the top 3 breakfast challenges and gives you access to our BETTER BREAKFAST EBOOK: Breakfast Boosters & Free e-Book
Looking for more top Registered Dietitian recommended recipes for healthy living? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.