Campfire Cuisine: Chili Lime Chicken Foil Packets
Delicious Make Ahead Meal for Grilling
This recipe is a great prepackaged camping meal that can be cooked on the BBQ or over hot coals and added to a wrap or taco shell. Alternatively try this on the grill at home and serve as a bowl with rice and vegetables.
Makes 2 servings
What You Need
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup frozen or canned corn
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Soft corn/flour tortillas or hard taco shells or cooked rice
How to Prepare Chili LIme Chicken Foil Packets
- In a bowl mix lime juice and zest, garlic, oil and coat chicken.
- Add in the vegetables and toss together.
- In 2 foil containers (or in 2 large pieces of heavy-duty foil), place one chicken breast and half of the vegetables in each. You can freeze this meal for future camping or transfer to your fridge or cooler to use over the next day or so.
- Cook over the fire or on a BBQ until chicken is cooked through. Serve on a soft corn/flour tortilla or hard-shell tacos with other fresh vegetables of your choice (or enjoy over rice).
24 g Carbohydrate
17 g Protein
9 g Fat
4 g Fiber
Here are some other great recipes for camping or grilling:
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Online / Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.