Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Tofu
Plant-based doesn’t have to be boring!
Inspired by Half Baked Harvest
Are you looking for a more exciting way to serve tofu? This recipe is sure to bring some spice to your next plant–based meal. This tofu is deliciously crispy with some bite from the buffalo sauce. It is great served as a power bowl with rice, lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes with a drizzle of ranch. It is a great source of protein and is sure to please both vegetarians and omnivores alike!
Makes 3-4 servings
What You Need
Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Tofu Ingredients:
- 1 block (350 g) of extra-firm tofu
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How You Make Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Tofu:
- Press Tofu. First, cut the tofu block in half & put it between two sheets of paper towel on a plate. Place a can of food on top of another plate & rest this on the tofu for 20-30 minutes. (Allows water to drain out & makes tofu easier to cook.)
- Cut tofu into cubes and put them into a medium bowl. Pour 1/3 cup buffalo sauce on top of the tofu and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix panko bread crumbs, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Drop tofu into panko and spice mix. Roll it around to coat it and place it on a separate plate.
- Cook tofu in the air fryer at 200 C for 12-15 minutes. Use tongs to turn halfway through cooking.
Nutrients per serving:
Analysis done with white breadcrumbs.
7 g Carbohydrates
20 g Protein
10.5 g Fat
Looking for more simple and tasty plant-based recipes?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favourites. Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter
Check out more plant-based recipes on the blog here:
Disordered Eating, Emotional Eating & Chronic Disease
Thoughtful and empathetic are words often used to describe Courtney. She strives to create genuine connections with clients and works to create an inclusive space for all. She is passionate about working with individuals struggling with health issues, yo-yo dieting recovery, disordered eating and helping clients feel at peace with food and their bodies.