5 Simple Healthy Holiday Appetizer Ideas
Need a quick healthy holiday appetizer for a social gathering? Try these festive red and green ideas inspired with good nutrition
Enjoy these 5 healthy holiday appetizer ideas:
- Take sundried tomato flour tortilla wraps and brush with vegetable oil. Cut with scissors into triangle wedges and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake tortillas until lightly browned and toasted. Serve with guacamole blended with shelled cooked edamame beans to add some additional protein. Grab the recipe here: Edamame Guacamole
- Roll slightly steamed or blanched asparagus with a piece of prosciutto and once you are ready to serve grill on the BBQ or roast in the oven until prosciutto is crispy. Serve asparagus with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- On a toothpick, thread green grapes, honeydew melon, kiwi fruit slices and fresh strawberry slices for a festive red and green fruit kabob.
- Red and green veggie and dip platter: cherry tomatoes, red pepper slices, cucumber slices, broccoli and snap peas with your favorite creamy dip or hummus.
- Bake a round of brie, topped with diced, roasted red peppers and minced garlic (or sundried tomatoes packed in oil), serve with whole grain crackers and celery sticks and red pepper slices with dip.
Looking for more healthy ideas for the holidays? Check out these 32-recipes by Registered Dietitians across North America for some inspiring ideas! Healthy Holiday Recipes
Join thousands of people who receive our weekly nutrition newsletter written by our Calgary nutritionist team. It is loaded with articles, videos, and recipes for healthy living. Sign up here: Nutrition Newsletter
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more