Lemon Poppy Seed Bites Print
A classic flavor combination in a healthy high energy snack
If you need a pick me up in the snack department, try these refreshing lemon poppy seed bites with almond and coconut. Insider tip - they are even better frozen!
Makes 12 bites
What You Need
1 cup almonds
1 cup pitted dates
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
Juice and zest from 1 lemon
1 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided into half
2 tbsp poppy seeds
How You Make Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites
- Place almonds, dates, maple syrup, zest and juice of lemon, extract, and ¼ cup coconut and poppy seeds into a food processor. Blend well until ‘dough’ forms. If it’s too dry add some water, if it’s too wet add more almonds.
- Roll dough into bite size balls.
- Roll balls in remaining ¼ cup shredded coconut.
- Enjoy right away or place in air tight container and freeze for later.
Nutrients per 1 bite serving:
9 g Fat
16.5 g Carbohydrates
3.7 g Fiber
3.5 g Protein
Here are some more great recipes featuring lemon:
- Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes & Spinach
- Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Lemonade Watermelon Slushie
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Online / Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.