Start your day off right with these bright and tasty pancakes!
Make delicious, home-made pancakes with a pop of colour in under 30 minutes! These simple raspberry pancakes are made red by adding pureed raspberries. If raspberries are in season by all means use fresh, but what’s great about this recipe is it works with frozen berries all year round. You can top them with unsweetened desiccated coconut, slivered almonds, yogurt, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.
Makes 4 Servings
What You Need
Raspberry Pancakes Ingredients:
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup raspberries, smashed into a puree
- Optional toppings: unsweetened desiccated coconut, slivered almonds, yogurt, maple syrup, fresh fruit
How to Make the Raspberry Pancake Recipe
- Preheat a griddle or a fry pan.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Be careful to not over mix.
- Using a 1/3-½ measuring cup, place dollops of pancake batter onto the hot griddle or fry pan. Once bubbles appear on the pancake and are golden brown flip until second side is golden.
- Serve with yogurt, fresh raspberries and some maple syrup.
If you tried this quick and easy Raspberry Pancakes recipe, let us know your thoughts down below in the comments or tag us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition! We’d love to see how it turned out for you!
Nutrients per serving (about 2 medium pancakes, without toppings):
33.4 g Carbohydrates
8.6 g Protein
6.9 g Fat
5.8 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more breakfast inspo? Check out these recipes!
Registered Dietitian & Online Nutritionist - Weight Concerns, Women’s Health, Diabetes & Meal Planning
The first thing you will notice about Shauna is her contagious optimism, energetic personality and zest. Shauna loves teaching and has a heart full of compassion and empathy for helping clients work through health concerns. Shauna specializes in healthy cooking, diabetes, cardiovascular health, weight concerns and womens health. Read more