Fruit on the BBQ
Peaches, nectarines, apricots and plums are all in season, and are fantastic to use in some non-traditional ways – like the BBQ! No, really – bbq’ing your fruit is a great way to bring out their flavours in new ways.
Slice firm, but ripe fruit in half and grill until slightly soft and browned and then add one of the following as a topping:
- mix mascarpone or ricotta cheese with honey and cinnamon, and add on top
- Vanilla frozen yogurt, and a sprinkle of granola
- Greek yogurt and maple syrup
- While barbecuing fruit, place shortcake on the grill as well, and top with a few spoons of whipped cream
- Or dice the fruit, toss with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon, wrap in double layer of tin foil, and place on hot grill to create a delicious addition to cottage cheese or yogurt.
This is a favorite peach recipe for summer bbq’s – Grilled Peaches with Honey mascarpone cheese