10 ideas for corn on the cob
Butter and salt are delicious on corn, but try one of these toppings for a brand new taste experience.
Now that corn season is here, and getting local, or close-to-local corn is simple, you may want to branch out your flavour options. Or maybe try corn as a side dish with a slightly different flavour profile. This list has lots of tasty suggestions.
- Drizzle with fresh squeezed lime mixed with olive oil and a pinch of cumin and hot paprika.
- Brush with pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Mix a spoon of mayonnaise with diced fresh cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime and a pinch of chili powder.
- Mix fresh squeezed lemon juice with a splash of olive oil, fresh minced garlic and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Mix butter with a good amount of fresh chopped parsley or chives and freshly ground pepper.
- Hoisin sauce, mixed with a splash of soy sauce, lime juice, and a drizzle of honey.
- Mix fresh chopped tarragon and grated lime zest into butter.
- Butter mixed with crumbled goat cheese and fresh or dried thyme.
- Rub corn in olive oil and top with a mix of ¼ cup of real maple syrup with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Guacamole and lime juice.
Looking for some additional ideas on using up fresh corn? Try these recipes:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/