10 ideas for corn on the cob Print
Butter and salt are delicious on corn, but try one of these toppings for a brand new taste experience.
Now that corn season is here, and getting local, or close-to-local corn is simple, you may want to branch out your flavour options. Or maybe try corn as a side dish with a slightly different flavour profile. This list has lots of tasty suggestions.
- Drizzle with fresh squeezed lime mixed with olive oil and a pinch of cumin and hot paprika.
- Brush with pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Mix a spoon of mayonnaise with diced fresh cilantro, a squeeze of fresh lime and a pinch of chili powder.
- Mix fresh squeezed lemon juice with a splash of olive oil, fresh minced garlic and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Mix butter with a good amount of fresh chopped parsley or chives and freshly ground pepper.
- Hoisin sauce, mixed with a splash of soy sauce, lime juice, and a drizzle of honey.
- Mix fresh chopped tarragon and grated lime zest into butter.
- Butter mixed with crumbled goat cheese and fresh or dried thyme.
- Rub corn in olive oil and top with a mix of ¼ cup of real maple syrup with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Guacamole and lime juice.
Looking for some additional ideas on using up fresh corn? Try these recipes: