Beet Hummus Recipe
Enjoy this seasonal fall beet hummus recipe!
If you are a hummus fan you are going to enjoy this bright coloured version. This beet hummus recipe goes great with vegetables, crackers, on a baguette with fresh basil and crumbled goat cheese or in a vegetable sandwich.
Recipe adapted by Registered Dietitian Shauna Kime from As Easy As Apple Pie.
Makes approximately 2 cups of hummus
- 4 medium beets, cleaned, peeled, cubed and roasted
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini sesame seed paste
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tbsp cumin, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil as needed
1) Preheat oven to 400 F. Place diced beets on cooking pan with some oil. Roast for 45-60 min until beets are cooked through and tender. Let cool.
2) Place beets, chickpeas, garlic into food processor and blend until combined.
3) Add in tahini, lemon juice and zest, salt, pepper and cumin. Blend.
4) Drizzle in olive oil as it blends till a paste is formed.
5) Taste and adjust seasoning based on preference.
6) Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh parsley.
Nutrients per serving (about 2 tbsp):
4.4 g Fat
11 g Carbohydrates
2 g Fiber
2.4 g Protein
For more healthy recipes and nutrition tips, click here to sign up for our weekly free newsletter that goes out to thousands of our subscribers.