Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad
Fast, easy, fresh, and colorful! Just chop and toss!
Take one can of black beans and dress it up with corn, tomatoes, and creamy avocado.
The lime juice vinaigrette and cilantro give this vibrant salad a fantastic fresh flavour.
This recipe is from Registered Dietitian Sue Mah from Nutrition Solutions.
Makes 4 servings
What You Need
Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad Ingredients:
- 1 can (19oz/540mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh, canned or frozen thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped Add more cilantro if you like!
Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to Make the Recipe
Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salad Directions:
- Gently toss salad ingredients ina large serving bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the bean salad and toss to coat
And that’s it! A healthy and nutritious salad perfect for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. What did you think of this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
30 g Carbohydrate
7 g Protein
18.2 g Fat
9.2 g Fiber
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition article and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more yummy and nutritious salads? We got them!
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/