Mediterranean Pasta Salad
This refreshing Mediterranean pasta salad is quick, easy to make, and topped with healthy ingredients.
Pasta salads are a great addition to any meal but can also be a perfect one-stop-shop for all your nutritional needs.
This Mediterranean pasta salad can be pre-made and taken to work for lunch or on a picnic and can be enjoyed cold in the warmer summer months.
Recipe from Love & Lemons
Makes 6 serving
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 heaping cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup minced parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, or until slightly past al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt. (Note: the dressing will have a strong flavor, it’ll mellow once it coats all of the pasta salad ingredients).
- Drain the pasta, toss it with a little olive oil (so that it doesn’t stick together) and let it cool to room temp. Transfer to a large bowl with the tomatoes, chickpeas, arugula, cucumbers, feta cheese, basil, parsley, mint, and pine nuts. Pour the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with more lemon, salt, pepper, and/or a drizzle of olive oil, if desired, and serve.
Nutrients per serving:
19.5 g Fat
40 g Carbohydrates
5 g Fiber
12 g Protein
And that’s it!
For more healthy recipes and nutrition tips, click here to sign up for our weekly free newsletter that goes out to thousands of our subscribers.
If you make this pasta salad, let us know what you think and comment below! We’d also love to see it too, so make sure to tag us on our social accounts.
If you enjoy this Mediterranean pasta salad, you might like these as well: