Cauliflower Recipes Roasted: Tomato and Cauliflower Pasta Bake
Looking for an easy cauliflower recipe? Try this!
Looking for new cauliflower recipes? This recipe from Dietitians of Canada on cookspiration.com is an easy, healthy cauliflower pasta bake that you and your family will love.
Pop the vegetables in the oven to roast while you cook the pasta, then stir it all together with zippy Asiago cheese and you’ve got a pasta dish that’s sure to become a new favorite.
Makes 4 servings
What You Need
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups cauliflower florets (about 2/3 medium head)
3 cups grape tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil (or dried rosemary)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
8 oz. whole wheat rotini or fusilli pasta
1 cup shredded asiago or provolone cheese
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Place butter and oil in a 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, smoked paprika (if using) and vinegar to baking dish and toss to evenly coat. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned and tomatoes have split, stirring once.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente (tender but firm). Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup (60 mL) of cooking water
- Stir pasta into vegetables in baking dish, mashing tomatoes slightly to release juice. Add reserved cooking water, a little at a time, to moisten pasta as desired. Stir in half of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve warm with a leafy green salad on the side.
Looking for more healthy cauliflower recipes?
Check out these previous recipes on our blog:
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Marinated Vegetable Salad Recipe
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.
Click here to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter: Nutrition Newsletter by our Calgary Nutritionist / Online Dietitian team.
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/