4 Ingredient Cheesy Zucchini Bites Recipe
This kid and adult friendly recipe is a great way to use zucchini (and the cheese can tempt a zucchini-resister to try a bite). You can also easily double this and freeze them for lunches or as a side dish.
Recipe from our dietitian colleagues Erin and Dara over at http://howtoeat.ca
Makes 20-25 bites
What you need:
- 5 cups grated zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Large eggs
- 1.5 cups grated old cheddar cheese (or try your favourite cheese or cheese mix)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine grated zucchini and salt in a bowl, and let sit for about 15 minutes, and strain off water. Place zucchini in a clean dish towel, and squeeze out excess water – this makes for a tastier end product.
- Place zucchini back in bowl, add bread crumbs, eggs, and cheese. Mix thoroughly and shape into flat bite-size portions.
- Bake in heated oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden. Flip halfway for even baking.
Per bite (if making 24)
- Calories – 55
- Protein – 3 g
- Carbohydrate – 4 g
- Fat – 3 g
- Fibre – < 1 g