Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
This is a great recipe to make in the summer and fall when zucchini is abundant. This recipe freezes well and works great for school lunches as a nut-free recipe for lunch boxes. You can also serve this for dessert with a glass of milk or bowl of yogurt and fresh fruit. This recipe also multiples easily to make in bulk.
Makes 2 loaves
What you need:
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk (or milk soured with 1 tbsp vinegar)
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
How to make:
- Cream butter and sugar. Add oil and eggs and vanilla and buttermilk.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9 X 5 loaf pans (or one 10” Bundt pan).
- Bake about 45 minutes at 325 F until top springs back when lightly touched.
Per Serving (if each loaf cut into 10 slices)
- Calories – 234
- Fat – 10g
- Carbohydrate – 35 g
- Protein – 2.8 g
- Fibre – 1 g