Kale Salad with Toasted Almonds and Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Makes about 6 servings
This is a great make ahead salad, especially as kale holds it’s shape well, with a home-made vinaigrette. Simple, and delicious for your lunch or supper side dish.
What you need:
- 2 large bunches of kale
- 1/2 cup crushed or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced shallot or onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to make:
- Wash kale, and tear into bite size pieces
- Toast almonds in oven, briefly at 350 (Watch closely so they don’t burn!) and let cool.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, dijon, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with kale and almonds and serve.
- Feel free to add diced peppers or slivered carrots for additional colour and crunch.
Per serving (1/6 of salad):
- Calories – 254
- Protein – 5 g
- Carbohydrates – 9.1 g
- Fat – 23 g
- Fibre – 3.5 g