Orzo Arugula Salad Recipe Print
Orzo Arugula Salad Recipe
Simple, and summery. This is great warm, or cold.
What you need:
- 1.5 cups orzo pasta (prepared as below)
- 1.5 cups broth/stock
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup carrots, diced small
- 2 cups shelled and cooked edamame beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh sqeezed)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, and pour dressing on top.
Per serving (1/8 of recipe)
- Calories – 344
- Protein – 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates – 36 g
- Fat – 1.7 g
- Fibre – 4.5 g