Rainbow Edamame Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
This colorful versatile salad packs delicious Asian flavour. Make it on the weekend and repurpose throughout the week.
Makes 8 servings
What you need:
Rainbow Edamame Salad Ingredients:
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl:
2 packages – Frozen edamame beans, shelled (1.75 cups each = 3.5 cups)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
3 green onions, chopped
1 can (225 ml) sliced water chestnuts
Asian Vinaigrette Ingredients:
Mix the following Ingredients in jar:
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce (Gluten free if necessary)
3 tbsp honey
Juice of ½ lemon
1-2 garlic cloves
1 inch chunk of fresh ginger
How you prepare:
Pour the dressing over the Edamame salad and enjoy!
Why this is a great recipe:
- This colorful versatile salad packs delicious Asian flavour. Make it on the weekend and repurpose throughout the week by serving it:
- over a bowl of rice or barley for an easy rice bowl
- enjoy in a rice wrap or a Tortilla wrap
- over a bed of spinach for a quick salad.
- with baked scoops as a fresh salsa
- on its own as a quick salad.
- Edamame beans provide high quality source of vegetable protein.
- The vinaigrette can be repurposed over noodles or other grains, or another salad.
Thanks to Kristyn Hall MSc, RD, Food, Nutrition & Culinary Coach www.NutritionAndCulinarySolutions.ca for this delicious recipe. (Recipe adapted from a recipe in Rose Reisman’s “The Complete Light Kitchen” cookbook).
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more