Rainbow Edamame Salad with Asian Vinaigrette
This colorful versatile salad packs delicious Asian flavour. Make it on the weekend and repurpose throughout the week.
Makes 8 servings
What you need:
Rainbow Edamame Salad Ingredients:
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl:
2 packages – Frozen edamame beans, shelled (1.75 cups each = 3.5 cups)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
3 green onions, chopped
1 can (225 ml) sliced water chestnuts
Asian Vinaigrette Ingredients:
Mix the following Ingredients in jar:
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce (Gluten free if necessary)
3 tbsp honey
Juice of ½ lemon
1-2 garlic cloves
1 inch chunk of fresh ginger
How you prepare:
Pour the dressing over the Edamame salad and enjoy!
Why this is a great recipe:
- This colorful versatile salad packs delicious Asian flavour. Make it on the weekend and repurpose throughout the week by serving it:
- over a bowl of rice or barley for an easy rice bowl
- enjoy in a rice wrap or a Tortilla wrap
- over a bed of spinach for a quick salad.
- with baked scoops as a fresh salsa
- on its own as a quick salad.
- Edamame beans provide high quality source of vegetable protein.
- The vinaigrette can be repurposed over noodles or other grains, or another salad.
Thanks to Kristyn Hall MSc, RD, Food, Nutrition & Culinary Coach www.NutritionAndCulinarySolutions.ca for this delicious recipe. (Recipe adapted from a recipe in Rose Reisman’s “The Complete Light Kitchen” cookbook).