Pumpkin Spice Oat Cookies
A fall spin on the traditional chocolate chip cookie
Recipe courtesy of www.dessertfortwo.com
These cookies are a different spin on the traditional chocolate chip cookie and packed with lots of great ingredients adding a bit more nutrition to them. Enjoy one with a warm cup of tea on a cool afternoon!
Makes 15 large cookies
What You Need
Pumpkin Spice Oat Cookie Ingredients
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
How to Make the Pumpkin Spiced Oat Cookies Recipe
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix until just combined. Add the oats and mix to combine.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
- Cover and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop large balls of dough (about 2-3 tablespoons each), and place 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 14-15 minutes (the centers will look a little soft)
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Did you give this recipe a try? Make sure to post a photo of your cookie(s) and tag us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
Nutrients per serving:
27 g Carbohydrates
4 g Protein
93 g Fat
2 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Enjoy this recipe? Get inspired with more recipes on the blog here:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/