Support local farmers with this tasty & nutritious salad!
With cranberries, mustard, maple syrup and a variety of greens, this salad is as hearty and diverse as Canada itself. Play a guessing game with your guests to challenge their knowledge of the provincial origins of some of the ingredients. Do you know where in Canada cranberries are grown?
This recipe is from Canola Eat Well.
Makes 6-8 servings
What You Need
- ½ package (14 oz / 397g) coleslaw mix (1/2)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, very finely sliced (500 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped baby kale (375 mL)
- ½ cup golden raisins (125 mL)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar (30 mL)
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard (5 mL)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (15 mL)
How to Make the All Canadian Salad
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or glass jar, combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over top toss well. Serve immediately.
When you cook an all-Canadian meal, you are also helping to support our local farmers and choosing nutritious ingredients at the same time!
Make sure to post a photo of your All-Canadian Salad and tag us on our socials on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
14 g Carbohydrate
2.9 g Protein
9.3 g Fat
3.1 g Fiber
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition article and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more yummy and nutritious salads? We got them!
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/