Apricot Almond Granola Bar Recipe
Apricot Almond Granola Bars Recipe
This tasty granola bar recipe was shared with some members of our team at the Dieitians of Canada conference by the Almond Board of California.
What you need:
- 2 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, to garnish
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, to garnish
How to make:
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, foil, or wax paper, making sure to cover the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, almonds, apricots, almond butter and honey. Toss together until mixture is thoroughly coated. Transfer granola mixture into prepared baking pan. Using the flat bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup, firmly press the mixture into the pan to ensure mixture is evenly distributed.
- Cover and freeze granola for 15 minutes until firm. Lift granola out of pan and cut into 12 bars.
- Garnish with melted dark and white chocolate, as desired. Store granola bars in an airtight container in the fridge for snacking throughout the week.
Per serving (1/12 of recipe)
- Calories – 240
- Fat – 13 g
- Carbohydrates – 29 g
- Fibre – 4 g
- Protein – 6 g
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more