Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowls Recipe
Recipe originally appeared on Faithfull Eating
An easy family-friendly recipe that won’t disappoint! Either dish out bowls or take a “build-your-own” approach and place all the ingredients out for your family to decide! (FYI: If you are looking for a different homemade salad dressing – try this dressing recipe – it’s my favourite!)
Ingredients for Marinade and Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Lime juice
- 4 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup Olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves (stems removed, finely chopped)
Ingredients for Bowl:
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (341 mL) can Corn, kernels (or frozen corn heated)
- 1 (540 mL) can Black beans, rinsed
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 cups Uncooked brown rice (cook as per bag directions)
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese (as a topping)
- Mix marinade/dressing ingredients by hand or in a blender/food processor. *Use ½ for chicken marinade and save the other ½ for the dressing.
- Cut chicken breast into 1” cubes. Place in a glass dish or Ziploc bag with ½ of the marinade mixture. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Meanwhile cook rice and prepare all your other bowl ingredients.
- Sauté chicken in a large pan on the stove over medium high heat. Cook until no longer pink.
- Layer rice, chicken and then other ingredients. Drizzle desired dressing on top!
Per serving (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories – 1133
- Protein – 43 g
- Carbohydrate – 116.5 g
- Fat – 55 g
- Fibre – 15 g