Go-To Granola Bar
The perfect homemade granola bar recipe!
Make your dream granola bar with this tasty and healthy granola bar recipe that can be adapted with your favourite ingredients!
It can be made peanut-free to be school friendly and great for young athletes’ parents.
Makes 14-16 Bars
To make this homemade granola bar recipe peanut-free, eliminate the pumpkin seeds and ground flax and swap the rolled oats for minute outs and the bar will stay together!
For a budget-friendly option, eliminate pumpkin seeds and ground flax. Swap the maple syrup for honey.
What You Need
Go-To Bar Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (wheat free for a gluten free option)
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice (I used raisins)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: ¼ cup hemp hearts
How to Make the Recipe
Go-to Granola Bar Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly great a rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until smooth. Stir in vanilla
- Mix in oats, almonds, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, coconut, ground flax seed, cinnamon and salt. Stir until well blended.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish and press down until evenly spread and compact.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until lightly golden brown along the edge. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then place in freezer for 10 minutes. Once cool, cut into bars.
So there you have it! A healthy and nutritious granola bar perfect to take on the go. What did you think of this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Nutrients per one bar
Nutrition analysis done with rolled oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and without hemp hearts.
25 g Carbohydrate
7.2 g Protein
11.7 g Fat
4 g Fiber
Don’t miss a healthy recipe or nutrition article and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Discover other great recipes from the Health Stand team: