Grandma’s Gingerbread Pancakes
A festive breakfast to make spirits bright!
These aromatic healthy pancakes are a tasty edition to enjoy on a weekend winter morning.
Serve with Greek yogurt and diced apples.
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe from Registered Dietitian
Makes 12 pancakes
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Maple syrup for serving
How to make Gingerbread Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, molasses, and buttermilk, and whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until combined.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the wet, whisking just until mixtures are combined.
- Heat butter on a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture to the skillet, leaving space in between pancakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until air bubbles begin to form on the surface. Flip over and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup
We hope you enjoy this gingerbread pancake recipe! What are your favourite things to cook/bake during the holidays? Leave a comment below!
Nutrients per meal serving
21 g Carbohydrates
5 g Protein
2.2 g Fat
Don’t miss a healthy recipe or nutrition article and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Check out these other great recipes from the Health Stand Nutrition team: