Grandma’s Gingerbread Pancakes
A festive breakfast to make spirits bright!
These aromatic healthy pancakes are a tasty edition to enjoy on a weekend winter morning.
Serve with Greek yogurt and diced apples.
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe from Registered Dietitian
Makes 12 pancakes
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Maple syrup for serving
How to make Gingerbread Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, molasses, and buttermilk, and whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until combined.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the wet, whisking just until mixtures are combined.
- Heat butter on a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add ¼ cup of pancake mixture to the skillet, leaving space in between pancakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until air bubbles begin to form on the surface. Flip over and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup
We hope you enjoy this gingerbread pancake recipe! What are your favourite things to cook/bake during the holidays? Leave a comment below!
Nutrients per meal serving
21 g Carbohydrates
5 g Protein
2.2 g Fat
Don’t miss a healthy recipe or nutrition article and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Check out these other great recipes from the Health Stand Nutrition team:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/