Oatmeal Drop Scones Recipe
This is a simple mix and drop on the baking sheet scone, quick to make as a side for soup or stew, or as a baked treat with jam. Makes 8 scones.
- 1 3/4 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed (or grated)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or two table knives (or grate semi-frozen butter, and mix in).
- Whisk buttermilk with egg, and pour into flour mixture, and stir until mixed.
- Separate dough into 8 equal sized pieces and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes, let cool.
- Calories – 294
- Protein – 7 g
- Fat – 14 g
- Carbohydrates – 36 g
- Fibre – 2 g