Oatmeal Drop Scones Recipe
A delicious sweet or savoury snack, or add as a side to your favourite meal!
This is a simple mix and drop on the baking sheet scone. Quick to make as a side for soup or stew, or as a baked treat with jam or butter. Made with simple ingredients you likely have in your fridge and pantry. Enjoy!
Makes 8 scones.
What You Need
Oatmeal Drop Scone Recipe Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed (or grated)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
How to Make the Oatmeal Drop Scones Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or two table knives (or grate semi-frozen butter, and mix in).
- Whisk buttermilk with egg, and pour into flour mixture, and stir until mixed.
- Separate dough into 8 equal sized pieces and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes, let cool.
Tried it and loved it? If you gave this oatmeal drop scone recipe a try, make sure to post a photo and tag us on Facebook and Instagram @HealthStandNutrition.
Nutrients per serving
Per 1 scone
Looking for more simple meal-planning tips and healthy recipes?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week written by our team of Registered Dietitians so you can be sure to get the credible sound bites you need for everyday healthy living.
If you’re looking for more snack ideas, download our free 51 Healthy Snack Attacks to satisfy all your sweet and savoury cravings.
Click below to sign-up for our free weekly nutrition newsletter!
Check out more oatmeal recipes on the blog here:
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education....Read more