Easy Sauteed Zucchni Parmesan Recipe
Zucchini rounds with parmesan makes a satisfying side dish
Looking for a healthy simple side dish your whole family will eat? Try this tasty sauteed zucchini parmesan dish anytime of the year. It will convert anyone that doesn’t love zucchini yet into a raving fan since, after all, adding zesty parmesan cheese makes everything better!
Recipe from www.wellplated.com
Makes 6 servings
What you need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash, or a mix (about 2 pounds), ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How you make to make Sauteed Zucchini with Parmesan
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook gently until the onions begin to brown, about 10 to 11 minutes. Add the zucchini, salt, pepper, thyme, and remaining butter.
- Increase heat to medium. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just cooked through and beginning to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Enjoy immediately.
- TO STORE: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat, spreading the slices in a single layer and crisping them up on both sides.
3 g Protein
5 g Fat.
2 g Fibre
Now that you have your family raving about zucchini after trying this amazing sauteed parmesan zucchini, try one of these other popular zucchini recipes:
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Online / Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.