Spicy Red Lentil and Havarti Soup Print
This creamy, spicy lentil soup will warm you from the inside out
This is a delicious, creamy lentil soup you’ll love to eat for lunch or dinner. The addition of havarti cheese to a curried soup may be new, but trust us, it’s a delicious addition that boosts the calcium content of this fiber and veggie rich soup. Makes six servings.
This recipe was developed by the Dairy Farmers of Canada.
What you Need
1 ½ Tbsp butter
2 Tsp curry powder
1 onion, chopped
2 cups carrots, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
¾ cup dried red or orange lentils
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups milk (2%)
5 oz jalapeno flavoured Havarti, cubed
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
How you make Spicy Red Lentil and Havarti Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Saute curry, carrots, potatoes, celery and onions until onions have softened.
- Add lentils, broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are soft and cooked through, 30 – 40 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with Havarti cubes and cilantro.
33.2 g Carbohydrates
18.4 g Protein
10.3 g Fat.
5 g Fibre
Let us know how you enjoy this recipe for spicy lentil soup with harvarti! If you are looking for other recipes using lentils, give these a try:
Looking for more simple meal planning tips and healthy recipes for a healthier lifestyle? Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a healthy recipe of the week (and nutrition articles and videos with a balanced living philosophy to help encourage healthy habits but still save room for your favorites). Our nutrition newsletter is written by the Online / Calgary Nutritionists on our team who each hold a professional Registered Dietitian license to ensure you are getting credible advice.