Strawberry Suggestions Print
Suggestions for enjoying strawberries + recipes
- Enjoy fresh sliced strawberries on top of oatmeal along with slivered almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Add sliced fresh strawberries to a spinach salad with thinly sliced red onion, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Build a lower calorie banana split slicing a banana lengthwise and placing on the bottom of your bowl, adding a few spoons of chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt and top with sliced fresh strawberries.
- Make a strawberry avocado salsa – recipe here: Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Soda
- Watercress, Strawberry, Almond Salad with Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
Spiced Chia Pudding
And try this recipe from the Dieitians of Canada, Cookspiration App. Nutritious and satisfying—make this delicious, super-easy pudding the night before to enjoy the next day. Makes 7 servings
What you need:
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup black or white chia seeds
- 1/3 cup 1% vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries or other fresh fruit of the season
How to make:
- In a saucepan, heat milk, honey, vanilla and spices over medium heat until milk is steaming. Transfer mixture to a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in chia seeds. Refrigerate 12 hours or more.
- Mix in yogurt. Divide three quarters of the strawberries into seven glass bowls. Scoop equal amounts of the chia pudding into each. Top with the remaining strawberries.
- Calories – 108
- Fat – 3 g
- Carbohydrates – 17 g
- Fibre – 3 g
- Protein – 4 g