32 Easy Healthy Holiday Recipes from Dietitians Across North America
Enjoy some of the best healthy holiday recipes
This blog is reposted from 2017.
We reached out to some dietitian colleagues, and they shared with us some of their favourite healthy holiday recipes. We had such a selection to choose from, but curated a list of 32 top recipes to share.
From items that will find themselves at home on a brunch table, to side dishes for a main meal, and even some items that would make beautiful homemade gifts, there is a little bit of everything, all with ingredients you may already have in your pantry!
PS Don’t be a scrooge and nitpick your favorite holiday treats and make family and friends that are celebrating traditional foods feel badly. It’s not what you do between Christmas and New Year’s, but what you do between New Year’s and Christmas that really counts. Health should be measured by your ability to not only eat healthfully but also soulfully with fun and flexibility.
1. Vegetarian Holiday Tourtiere (Health Stand Nutrition)
2. Slow Cooker Rosemary Acorn Squash (Jenna Braddock)
3. Gingerbread Pancakes (Kara Lydon)
4. Healthy Ginger Orange Cranberry Bread (Katie Pfeffer-Scanlan)
5. Maple Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts & Cranberries (Kelly Jones)
6. Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board (Health Stand Nutrition)
7. Pomegranate Balsamic Chicken (Kaleigh McMordie)
8. Cranberry and Apple Baked Brie (Jenny Shea Rawn)
9. Creamy Butternut Carrot Ginger Soup (Jennifer Hunt)
10. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars (Amanda Hernandez)
11. Handmade Hot Cocoa – 6 Varieties (Health Stand Nutrition)
12. Pear & Brussel Sprout Salad (Health Stand Nutrition)
13. Festive Sautéed Kale with Toasted Hazelnuts (Basheerah Enahora)
14. Herbed Lentil Patties with Mushroom Sauce (Sharon Palmer)
15. Ham & Pepper Jack, Veggie Packed Crustless Quiche (Kellie Shallal)
16. Roasted Acorn Squash with Pomegranate and Pistachios (Stephanie McKercher)
17. Gingerbread Glazed Almonds (Marisa Moore)
18. Make-Ahead Cranberry Orange Kale Salad (Stephanie McKercher)
19. Cranberry Pistachio Bark (Emily Holdorf)
20. Whole Wheat Lemon Cranberry Scones (Josten Fish)
21. Cranberry Spritzer Cocktail (Jodi Danen)
22. Spinach Pomegranate Salad (Health Stand Nutrition)
23. Cranberry Orange Cornbread Trifle (Judy Barbe)
24. Eggnog French Toast Holiday Breakfast (Chrissy Carroll)
25. Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts (Jenna Braddoc)
26. Old Fashioned Gingerbread Cake (Health Stand Nutrition)
27. Butternut Squash Biscotti with Dates and Walnuts (Christy Brissette)
28. Cinnamon Spiced Roasted Walnuts (Liz Weiss)
29. Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats (Health Stand Nutrition)
30. Nutty Chocoholic Balls (Health Stand Nutrition)
31. Cranberry Semifreddo (Lindsey Pine)
32. White Cheddar, Apple and Cranberry Stuffed Chicken (Amanda Hernandez)
Which of these recipes caught your eye? Do you have a favourite holiday recipe? Let us know in the comments!
Live healthFULLY & soulFULLY and subscribe to our weekly newsletter today!
Sound Bites is a nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers weekly. Written by our team of registered dietitians, it includes interesting and helpful articles, videos, tips and healthy recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Check out these other great recipes and articles from the Health Stand Nutrition team:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/