Spinach vs Kale
- Loaded with antioxidants that are good for overall preventative health of cardiovascular disease, cancer and eye health.
- Higher in iron
- Slightly higher in folate.
- Fantastic nutrition powerhouse that is good for preventive health of cardiovascular disease and eye health.
- Higher in vitamin C
- Slightly higher in fibre, vitamin A, calcium.
3 ways to prepare spinach or kale:
- As a salad with your favorite vinaigrette, toasted nuts or seeds, dried cranberries and cheese (such as asiago, blue or parmesan).
- Sautéed in a pan with olive oil, minced garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sneak into a smoothie with frozen mango, berries and unsweetened juice to create a great green morning beverage or healthy delicious snack.
Here are a few spinach and kale recipes to try:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/